Equine reproduction varies in sophistication from live cover mating to breeding with fresh cooled or frozen semen and embryo transfer. All of these techniques require accurate hormonal synchronization and manipulation combined with palpation and ultrasound. Successful equine breeding requires a committed client and experienced veterinary staff.
Equine Breeding Services
Monocacy Equine offers the following reproduction services at our equine clinic:
- On and off premises breeding with chilled semen.
- In clinic breeding with frozen semen.
- Mare fertility evaluation & ultrasound.
- Embryo Transfer (in clinic only)
- Stallion services – frozen semen storage.